What is Chia Seed..?
Chia seed is an ancient food source recently rediscovered.
Chia seed is an edible seed that comes from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family that grows abundantly in southern Mexico.
In the native cultures, chia seed was a staple food considered to be sacred, and was consumed specifically for greater energy by runners, warriors, and athletes.
One tablespoon was believed to sustain an individual for 24 hours. Chia seed is super nutritious, energizing, easily digestible and versatile.
10 Reasons Why Chia Seed is "Something to Everyone"
- Chia seed is the highest known natural source of Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids at 64%
- Chia seed contains twice as much protein of any other grain or seed
- Chia seed contains high amounts of anti-oxidants
- Chia seed is an excellent source of fiber
- Chia seed is a good source of Calcium
- Chia seed is gluten free.
- Chia seed is a low glycemic index food
- Chia seed is all natural and can be eaten many ways. Versatile!! Virtually tasteless and odorless
- Chia seed has no special storage needs and will not go rancid
- Chia seed is non-GMO, Kosher, no reported allergies
Chia to your health!!